Well friends, it’s taken me a few days to find an internet connection here! There is one small café in the village with a dinosaur-speed computer, that is only open for a few hours a day (but not the same hours every day, that’d be too predictable!) and I’ve barely been able to catch. Most people don’t have internet in their homes, and I haven’t been able to pick up a wireless signal anywhere here.
But anyway, here’s the update! This place is absolutely lovely. The air is so fresh and cool, the cloud formations that have been happening the last few days are totally out of this world, and our hosts are completely fabulous and have been so generous with us. The day is generally relaxed, filled with beautiful vegan food and great conversation.
Agello is on top of a small mountain/large hill, with a spectacular view of the valleys and other small mountains below. Giant patches of golden yellow sunflower fields and green crops, silver lines of olive trees, and terra-cotta tiled roofs of tiny houses down below dance together to weave a soft landscape your eyes just long to drink in for hours. There is also a large lake nearby, Trasimeno, where we took a lovely walk the other day as the wind whipped up some teeny whitecaps for show. Our hosts’ house is a beautiful, modest structure that is nearly a thousand years old (and I was just informed that some say it’s even older). Every square inch of this abode is filled with love, art, attention to detail, and notably skilled carpentry/structural additions. It is a soul-safe place, much like the house of my Karma-Mom back in Seattle. I’m so thankful I’m here.
- nova.
P.S. Pictures from Roma and Agello to come soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment