(Frankfurt time - 11:05pm)
Well friends, here I am again. On a plane, just a few more hours until I set foot on U.S. soil again. Taking off from Frankfurt was surprisingly easy this time. Maybe I’m just still in emotional denial… I almost always cry or at least tear-up when I leave Europe, but alas, I haven’t choked up yet at all on this flight. I did go all soft when Morgan and his cousin dropped me off at the train station as I headed south to Rome…
Earlier this morning (whatever time that was by now/however many hours ago/whatever day we’re on at this point), I woke up in an all-female hostel in Rome at 6am, made sure all the straps on my 65L backpack were tightened and tucked in, and hastily made my way to the bus stop. My last meal the evening before was a doner kebab from “Istanbul Express” just outside the hostel (hey, you can’t say no to a whole meal for 3.50€ in Rome, and I even got to use a little Turkish), and of course, a bottle of the cheapest Chianti I could find (that could still kick the ass of any red wine that inexpensive in the states). With my fabulous travelers’ luck, my bus to the airport was late and both planes I had to take were delayed and completely packed with people(I’ve just spent the last 9 hours sitting next to a very cute but very wriggly 6 year old French boy).
So, we’re nearly there now. Just another few more hours to go, and then I’ll be standing in lines at Sea-Tac and seeing downtown Seattle from the LightRail as I make my way into town. Here’s to hoping that I find some work quickly in Seattle and can figure out housing situation as well…
- nova.
Ah, Nova, I'm excited to see you! You may not have 'traveller's luck', but you sure know how to pick the loveliest week of the year. May the sun shine upon you, breezes too, all the way home. Can't WAIT! Lots of love, and wishes for ease and peace within and trust...
ReplyDelete~Judy